Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bender Cake


Here's Bender. This is a cake I made for the UW auction at work. Bender is from the cartoon called Futurama. Grey is SUCH a hard color to try to make fondant! All the craft stores I searched did not have gray icing color, only black. And naturally one would think that black and white make gray.... Well no, in the case of icing coloring... black and white make purple. The cake fondant in person looked purple until I painted it with silver fondant dust. I was paranoid that it still looked purple, but thankfully in this picture, Bender looks gray! I should have made his head taller so that part of his mouth did not have to be on the cake board and he would have looked more like his cartoon self. I did not do this because I was afraid of toppling. Stacked cake can get pretty heavy...especially mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment