Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Toilet Cake


So I have to begin this journey somewhere.....not the most appetizing of cakes but this is a picture of a toilet cake I made. So for those of us - NON aggies that have never heard of a Toilet Party..... which just so happens to be a boy pre-marriage party equivalent to a shower where he receives tools or gifts just for him. I made this for my husband's best friend/cousin whom he threw a toilet for.
I made this cake in April of 2010. I actually learned how to make fondant for this cake. I used bread pans to make cake loafs that I stacked in the back to make the tank. I then used an oven to table bowl to make the bottom of the bowl and just a regular round cake pan that I cut the center and front out of to make the lid.
Once I covered everything with white fondant, I used yellow icing at the top of the bowl and then covered it with yellow gel, aka "pee". I used slightly melted tootsie rolls to make the "poop".
Being my first test with fondant, this was a very rough cake, but enough so that it properly looks like an old toilet from some run-down apartment.....PERFECT for a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment